Installing Campsite on Mac OS X
Installation using MAMP
- download and install MAMP. The installation works in the same way like for other Mac OS X applications. Just open downloaded image and drag&drop the MAMP folder to your Applications folder.
- now you need to do changes to php.ini according to campsite installation manual. It seems that everything should work with default values except memory_limit parameter. So change that value to something bigger. Edit file /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5/php.ini
memory_limit = 32M
- download Campsite tarball and unpack it. Campsite folder will be created.
- copy content of campsite/implementation/site folder into Apache document root folder: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs
- start MAMP and make sure that Apache and MySQL servers are running
- start your web browser and point it to http://localhost:8888 (that is the default port number of Apache from MAMP), you should see configuration wizard of Campsite
- enter all needed values into the wizard, the MySQL default port number is 8889
- after finishing the wizard you should be able to login to admin interface on http://localhost:8888/admin
As for Campsite 3.1.2 and MAMP 1.7.2 the demo templates and database are not installed by wizard during the installation process. If you want to use them, you need to install them manually.